The hardlyreading staff held hostage: Day 8.
Random notes from around the Globe:
• Today’s edition of the Boston Globe plunks its delivery woes right on Page One.
Crosstown, the Boston Herald has yet to mention the meltdown. We don’t care who prints the fraidy local tabloid – that’s just journalistic malpractice.
• Are we the only ones who think the new Globe ePaper is a classic case of schlimmbesserung? You know, to make worse by trying to improve?
• Kevin Cullen’s front-page piece today is a hoot. Favorite part:
Whatever they pay the delivery people, it’s not enough, and it’s more than a little depressing to think this debacle has been brought about by a desire to pay them even less.
Interesting Twitter exchange yesterday in the wake of Cullen’s piece going online. First:
• Rapid strides! Today’s “delivery delay” list is down to 112 zip codes (from 117 yesterday).
• Free the Zippy the Pinhead One!
More, most likely, to come.
[…] the hardlyreading staff noted the other day, just as delivery of the Boston Globe print edition went Chernobyl, the lately local broadsheet […]