From our Late to the House Party desk
CUTE KIDS COMPLAIN ABOUT BOSTON.COM’S REDESIGN (‘WAS THIS JOHN HENRY’S IDEA?’)
The kids in this video are reading actual complaints that Boston.com got after its recent redesign. Here are some of the “child actors’” lines:
* “I can’t find anything I’m looking for.”
* “I feel like I’m looking at a children’s picture book.”
* “My wife and I hate your website.”
* “I think my grandmother might like this site.”
* “Is this an April Fool’s joke?”
(Romenesko: “That’s the son of Boston.com news and homepage editor Hilary Sargent on the right; the other two belong to Boston Globe CEO Mike Sheehan.”)
And the whole thing belongs to boston.com, which “owns” the redesign in its YouTube video.
The hardreading staff’s favorite: “Boston.com is like the squirrelly uncle you put up with on holidays.”
Squirrel on, DotComniks.