For Boston Herald, DCF=Don’t Cease Flogging

February 26, 2014

The feisty local tabloid has been on the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families like Brown on Williamson for weeks now. And today is no exception, starting at the top of Page One.

 

Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 12.35.20 PM

 

Then there’s the over-the-top page 5.

 

Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 12.36.25 PM

 

From Laurel Sweet’s report:

The devastated victim of a sexually abusive DCF-approved therapist today described his “torture,” moments before his predator was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

“I find it ironic that a person who claims to be helping kids was actually destroying their lives. And he nearly destroyed mine,” the now-17-year-old boy told Suffolk Superior Court Judge Christine M. Roach. “I will never fully get over the despicable things he did to me. Despite this, I will face this awful truth in my past and fight to stay in control of my feelings of hurt, anger, sadness, and betrayal. One thing that would go a long way in my healing would be that this man, who stands before you today in judgment, faces serious consequences for what he has done so he can pay the price for his evil actions. This man is a cruel and abusive man who needs to be kept from other children so they will never have to experience the torture he perpetrated on me.”

 

It’s yet another indictment of a state agency that has thoroughly lost its way.

The (unlicensed) therapist, Kenneth Edwards of Dorchester, received “the mandatory state minimum sentence of 10 years for sexually assaulting the boy when he was 13.”

That was not well-received by “Edwards’ family and church supporters.”

It also was not covered by the Boston Globe.

Not to get technical about it.

 

 

Advertisements

Text-book Case of Boston Herald’s Appeal

February 25, 2014

Remember those two knuckleheads who had the bright idea of scamming the One Fund Boston out of $2.2 million by claiming an aunt had been maimed in the Marathon bombings?

Last we heard from them, Branden Mattier had filed suit against the State Police and FedEx in December for “[violating] his constitutional rights when he was arrested in July after allegedly signing for a bogus $2.2 million check from One Fund Boston.”

Well, they’re back.

And knuckleheaded as ever, which Laurel Sweet’s Boston Herald report confirms.

‘Real Tears of Joy, Dawg’

Texts show alleged scammers rejoicing over cash

A South End rapper texted his brother he was moved to “real tears of joy, dawg,” upon learning The One Fund Boston had approved them for a $2.2 070213onefundmillion payday based on their bogus claim that a long-dead aunt had lost both her legs to last year’s deadly Boston Marathon bombings, according to grand jury testimony their lawyers have filed in the case.

Branden “The Real SouljaBoy” Mattier, 23, told Domunique Grice, 28, the pair would be moving to “a place where only royalty lives” courtesy of their newfound wealth and the black Mercedes-Benzes they’d soon be driving.

 

Those are just a few of the roughly “40,000 texts between them police said they recovered from Mattier’s iPhone, according to voluminous documents filed Friday in Suffolk Superior Court.”

Here are a few more:

 

Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 10.49.13 AM

 

According to Sweet, “[t]he brothers were due to face a jury next month on charges of conspiracy, identity fraud and attempting to commit a crime, but the trial has been postponed indefinitely.”

But SouljaBoy will be in court on Thursday hoping to suppress recorded statements he made to police last July.

Maybe the Boston Globe will cover that. Because right now this one is all the Herald’s.