As you splendid readers know, the headscratching staff has been asking for the past several days, Who Ran This Anti-Iran Ad in Friday’s Boston Herald?
We contacted WRKO radio host Jeff Kuhner, State Rep. Shaunna O’Connell, and Charles Jacobs’s Americans for Peace and Tolerance to find out, but none of them got back to us.
So we moseyed down to the State House yesterday around noon to investigate the Potemkinish Ad Hoc Committee Against Funding of Iranian Terror.
Almost immediately we encountered Rep. O’Connell, who told us she didn’t know who had paid for the Herald ad, and in fact hadn’t even seen it.
Luckily, we then ran into publishing bunny Russel Pergament (umpteen media startups – and counting), who told us that Charles Jacobs had paid for the ad “with contributions.”
Okay then. Now we know.
Meanwhile, Jeff Kuhner finally showed up 20 minutes late and, before leading the crowd in a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance, noted that when 50 #BlackLivesMatter protestors rallied recently in Boston, “all the media elites showed up.”
His point was, no media – elite or otherwise (except for the hardreading staff) – showed up at yesterday’s protest.
[Editor’s Note: This post is being typed ’round midnight on Sunday, so we’ll check this morning for any news reports.]
But – at least from Kuhner’s Twitter feed – the protest didn’t exactly ignite a firestorm on social media.
Here’s the entirety of @TheKuhnerReport yesterday:
We’re thinking @Britskii might be a fly, because we estimated maybe 150 people there.
Regardless . . .
Coincidentally, this ad ran in yesterday’s New York Times:
Just wondering: If 150 guys from the Warrior Legacy Foundation held a rally at the State House, think the media elites might cover that?
UPDATE: The Herald did send a photog after all. Snappy local tabloid page 20:
Hell, it’s the least the Herald could do after raking in the big bucks for last week’s ad, yeah?